Sister of Flame

A place where HeartShadow will discuss the how FlameKeeping affects her personally. The essays will be discussed and other topics raised that relate to religion and her personal life.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Why I'm a FlameKeeper

Hi, I'm HeartShadow, and I'm a FlameKeeper. (Hi, Shadow!)

I became a FlameKeeper because I believe in humanity. I couldn't find any religion out there that had the same viewpoint I did regarding humans themselves as part of the Divine and sacred, so I began to write down what I believed, and it's rather taken off from there.

That's not to say I see humans as more sacred than anything else; I don't. At least, not exactly. But I am human, and there's a certain egocentrism that says we're important because we're here to say it. Also, I've never yet been able to advise or educate a cat, but I can influence other people. So there's a rather obvious focus there.

I try very hard to live in a way that celebrates our sacred nature. (I'm not always great at it .. I must confess, I have an abrasive personality. (if you know me, you already know this)). It's not always easy to do. However, not easy and not worth doing are two very different things. I live in hope that I'll be able to, someday, see every person as sacred first and my other impressions of them second. Usually I tend to remember they're sacred later. It's a work in progress, and I rather doubt I'll ever be happy with it, because I am not a saint.

I started writing this and sharing it because I feel I have a valuable view, and to hold it to myself would be selfish. Also, I feel that much of this is inspired both directly by the Divine and indirectly by Apollo, and He wants me to write it down as opposed to just thinking about it. So I do. It would be easier to keep it all to myself, certainly, but it's also a cheat. Knowledge kept close to the heart and unshared that could be shared strikes me as robbing the people around me. Our minds are sacred, as is the knowledge we share. Hoarding the sacred feels not just greedy, but blasphemous.

Basically, I have been given a gift of both the ability to word things in ways that make sense to others, and knowledge that needs sharing. Both this blog and the other one, then, exist to do that. And this is how I try to improve the Universe around me, by sharing my gifts freely. Join me as I explore the essays I've written and are written by others and discuss what they mean in real life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link