Sister of Flame

A place where HeartShadow will discuss the how FlameKeeping affects her personally. The essays will be discussed and other topics raised that relate to religion and her personal life.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

An overview of FlameKeeping

This essay is an overview of FlameKeeping. It's pretty much a list of beliefs without much of anything to hang it together. I go into detail later.

The important aspects, to me, are those of self-sufficiency and interdependance. We are both individual and part of a group, and focusing on one to the detriment of the other never fails to screw us up.

So I'll answer my questions.

What are my flaws? oh dear .. there isn't enough space. :D My biggest flaw is the problem I have with people that I feel are acting stupid and know better. When I see people doing things I think are dumb .. I don't react well. I don't react well when I see myself acting stupidly, either .. I'm very egalitarian in my hatred of stupidity. This disgust of what I see as stupidity leads me to a horrible about of anti-socialness .. I like being a hermit. And the more I close myself off, the more I like the freedom of mind being by myself brings me and the more I want to close myself off more. I work on it.

My virtues? I think I'm a very good writer. I work very hard to be able to get my points across well to people, and I like to think I do that well. I work hard to be an honest person. Although that could also be lazier .. it's easier to be honest. Then you don't need to remember what you said. :) But I do think that truth is a virtue in and of itself, and I try to live up to that.

Which is harder? Definitely my virtues. I don't like talking about myself that way .. it feels odd.

What feeds my Flame? Well .. talking about it. :D My family and friends nurture me. My religious obligations in helping others as I can. And I try to court things that feed my Flame.

What stifles me? My self doubt is the worst problem. I fear that I'm just dealing with my ego sometimes, and that what I think is Divine revelation to share is actually just the nattering of my own mind. And I fear that someone will use my words in a way that I find morally reprehensible. Self-doubt really makes it hard to work sometimes.

As far as nurturing other people's Flames .. well, I'm writing the religion AND this blog, aren't I? ;) I can't really give specifics, because I don't know. And I probably should, but .. I don't. I hope that my essays nurture people. I hope that I'll get my novels published and they'll nurture people through entertainment.

And I try, very hard, to be fair to other people. I'm not saying nice, although I try to be nice as well, but fair. Because nice is good, but only goes so far. I try to be courteous and honest, and tell people what I really think. But honesty is integral to respect, and I try to respect people.

I try to create a nurturing environment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link