Sister of Flame

A place where HeartShadow will discuss the how FlameKeeping affects her personally. The essays will be discussed and other topics raised that relate to religion and her personal life.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Loving Gods

Gods are something difficult to talk about. They don't match a world of bills and computers, televisions and automobiles. That doesn't mean they're not there, but it does feel a bit like talking about the Tooth Fairy. They're simply not quite reasonable, not quite logical. They're analog in a digital world.

Why do the gods even exist? Well, I'm fairly certain they do exist, so that's a bit of a silly question. I mean, squirrels exist, and the only thing they've ever done for me is fall on my head. Not exactly useful here. I don't know the why. I just know that they do.

Gods are part of us, and we are part of them. I don't think every person needs to have direct contact with gods, but I do think that contact is part of what makes us what we are as a species. Opening ourselves up to what's beyond us brings us closer to both the gods and ourselves. The Divine cannot speak to us in language we can understand. The gods, being closer to us, can whisper more directly. It's still difficult, but it is possible.

Questions:

Do I deal directly with any gods? Yes. I often speak with Apollo. He set my feet upon this path many years ago. It was and is my choice to walk it, but he certainly pushed me in this direction. Do I deal indirectly with gods? Quite probably, but it's hard to know.

Do I have any use for gods? Wow that's an arrogant question .. and I asked it! I have use for the concept of gods, certainly .. and my life has been richer with gods involved in it. I cannot imagine what life would be without them.

How do gods relate to the Divine? Like all things, gods are part of the Divine as well. And not just as puppets, but as independant beings. So they interrelate with the Divine much as we do, only with a closer understanding of the Divine and their interrelated nature. This, of course, doesn't stop gods from having disagreements as humans do. They are also individuals, and as such, are going to disagree. But they are also part of the Divine Whole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link