Sister of Flame

A place where HeartShadow will discuss the how FlameKeeping affects her personally. The essays will be discussed and other topics raised that relate to religion and her personal life.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Order! Chaos! Crazy Weird Life-Stuff!

I've always found the idea of order as some ultimate good odd. Order is certainly easier in a lot of situations. When the order that you're dealing with is good, it aids in good-things happening faster and more reliably. But order in and of itself isn't a "good". It's a system, and like all systems, it's as good or evil as the people and building blocks that create it.

This doesn't mean I'm an anarchist, either. (I'm not tough enough for anarchy. Big people would walk all over me. No good). I'm a big believer in order and routines where they work. I simply think that it shouldn't be kept simply because it is there. When it stops working, it needs to be re-evaluated and scrapped if necessary. Changing things up might be scary, but sticking to a system that doesn't work anymore is just silly.

I'm not going to answer the questions in order this time, because I think I've already answered them. Order and Chaos aren't opposed .. they're opposites, but they're not opposed, and you certainly can't append "good" and "evil" to them. They're limited in the way they don't bend to the realities of the situation, they're good when they promote the good of the people involved.

How do we balance security against change? Security needs to be constantly re-evaluated. Are we staying put because it's what we want, or because it's there? Are we happy where we are?

My life currently is pretty ordered. (ordered around the baby!). My day tends to be fairly repetitive. However, this doesn't strike me as a problem because it's the life I want. I'm doing something I greatly enjoy: mommying and writing. If I hated mommying full-time, though, it would be time to start looking into other options. The order in which I do things isn't the problem: it's how I feel about that order.

I really love the life I have right now. And in loving it, I accept that it may change, and that I can't cling .. I can't cling to my son being a baby, because he will grow up. I can't cling to writing /this/ novel, because one day it will be finished and I will be writing a different one. Things change, and things stay the same. And I love it all the more knowing that I have to love it /now/, because someday I won't have it to love. (I will still have my son, but he won't be my baby anymore ....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link