Sister of Flame

A place where HeartShadow will discuss the how FlameKeeping affects her personally. The essays will be discussed and other topics raised that relate to religion and her personal life.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Open-Source Religion

I thought about not commenting on this post. After all, it's a housekeeping detail more than a religious post, right?

Well, not really. I think the fact that religion should be free is very important. (that is, monetarily free). At the same time, I think that pastors should be given a living wage, so I'm a little conflicted on the issue. :)

I'd love to be getting paid for this. After all, this IS work. (and if you don't believe me, you try it!). And I figure if there's any demand, when I have a large enough group of essays together I'll make a bound edition that people can buy, and that I'll get paid for. But there will still be the collection of essays available for free.

Why? Because sacred texts need to be available .. and regardless of how much it freaks me out, this is a sacred text. And no one and nothing has the right to keep someone from the religion their heart is called to. That includes the copyright police.

Religion does not belong to a solitary person. It belongs to everyone involved. And a religion that demands contributions from its followers (Because, truly, if you're a FlameKeeper, you're contributing somehow) can't then claim to belong this bit to this person, and this bit to that.

This is the gift I give back to my Gods and the Divine. They have given me joy in my heart. I give back to Them a voice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link