Sister of Flame

A place where HeartShadow will discuss the how FlameKeeping affects her personally. The essays will be discussed and other topics raised that relate to religion and her personal life.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Other People's Flames

This one's hard. I have an easy time seeing the Flame in myself. Seeing it in other people .... that's harder.

As far as the selection of people I've picked for this .. I think it's important to remember that the Divine is in all people, from the clerk at the grocery store to your spouse to your boss. The more we see the Divine in other people, the more we treat them as Divine and worth celebrating, the better we become and the better we make the Universe.

This is a goal-state, though, not something I expect everyone to manage every time. When I have to deal with people that I think are idiots (that's my big problem .. people that aren't using the brains they have), I have a hard time seeing them as Divine. I like to think that the Divine has and uses whatever intelligence it has.

That all said, idiots are still of the Divine .. and, even more embarrassing but true, I'm sure there are things that I do that makes other people think that I'm an insane idiot. So it goes both ways.

As much as one might want to, you can't go around picking people you don't like and claiming they're not part of the Divine, or they've renounced their Divine heritage, or anything like that. They might be people that need to be confined, or corrected, or otherwise kept from harming other people, but that doesn't make them less Divine, simply less connected. It's so easy to look at people and say that THIS one can't possibly be Divine, can't possibly be connected, and simply is lesser. But in the eyes of the Divine, no person is less than another: all are loved. This does not mean that mortal justice doesn't matter .. of course it does. If you do bad things you need to be made to stop doing them .. and if that takes away from your freedoms, well, you should of thought of that before you did the bad thing.

But all is Divine. Celebrate Creation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link