Sister of Flame

A place where HeartShadow will discuss the how FlameKeeping affects her personally. The essays will be discussed and other topics raised that relate to religion and her personal life.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

In the Beginning ...

I'm not sure how I feel about this essay, actually. I don't find it wrong in any way, but I'm not sure I find it very meaningful personally.

Clearly there was a moment of creation. Once there was nothing, then there was stuff. (either that, or both physics and our concept of cause and effect are very off). But I'm not sure that creation after that is very meaningful. After all, we ARE here .. that doesn't make us an inevitable reaction of creation. Simply that if we weren't here, we wouldn't be asking this question. :)

It's easy to get caught up in questions of why we're here and what the gods are like and other such questions. After all, we're naturally a curious species. Anything we don't know the answer to is of interest.

But what's important, to me, is that we are the Eyes and Hands of the Universe. We need to remember that we are Divine and that we are instruments of the Divine. The specifics are interesting, but probably pretty irrelevant.

Questions:
Why is it so hard to communicate directly with the Divine? Because it's completely ahuman. If there are aliens, it's all of them, all of us, all of the bugs and the plants and EVERYTHING. My mind shudders back at the attempt. I do think we can touch that force with our minds .. but we can't understand it or chat with it. Simply experience it.

The whole individual/part of the whole thing .. I don't know how to put that into words. It is to me a natural state, not a question. Like many things, we are the eye of the paradox .. both completely individual and completely part of the whole.

Why are we alone and lonely? Because there is always the fact that inside ourselves, there is just us. We can have invisible friends, characters, even gods in there .. but we're still just us. We are a social species, but there is always a part of ourselves that we feel is separate. As far as how we cope with that .. I'll let you know if I ever figure it out myself. Best I can come up with is to be honest with the people around us, to lower our boundaries to those we trust.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting point of view.. granted i am some what but it left me things to ponder..kinda self analyze my thought..and the trust issue..to me trust must be earned not given freely
Luna

3:56 PM  
Blogger Vieva said...

I agree that trust needs to be earned, but I think we can wait too long for trust TO be earned and end up hurting ourselves by being too self-protective.

I go on the assumption that people around me are going to tell me the truth and not attempt to mug me, for example. I try to be prepared for being wrong .. but the world is a very dark and lonely place when you assume the worst off the bat.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link