Sister of Flame

A place where HeartShadow will discuss the how FlameKeeping affects her personally. The essays will be discussed and other topics raised that relate to religion and her personal life.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Swooping in to save the day ....

It's me, HeartShadow! Here to rescue you from the emptiness of your daily life!

Or maybe you're going to rescue me today. It varies, and we all take turns rescuing each other from those things that overwhelm us. We all like to be heroes, and we all need to be rescued some days. Today, for example, I could really use a rescue. I'd love to have someone come in and take care of the baby and clean the house and otherwise just give me a day off. Sure, it doesn't work that way, but it's a nice dream. And there's nothing wrong with dreams, as long as we recognize them for what they are instead of believing they are more.

And, of course, there are deeper problems than mine. There are people out there crying for a rescue from abusive life situations, from chronic pain and illness .. if there is a problem to be had, people have it. And they do need heroes if they can't get out of it themselves, but they also need to do what they can. When you sit and wait only for someone else to rescue you, you can't take advantage of the rescue when it is offered. We need to make certain our standards for what we're looking for in a rescue aren't too high. (if it works, take it!) It will never be perfect. There is no hero on a white horse coming to save you from your life. If you want saving, you need to do everything you can to do it yourself. (I do believe the Divine will come partway if it can and help .. but that help only comes when you've done everything you can, or there will still be a gap. And sometimes, there's just nothing that can be done).

Questions:
What do I want to be rescued from, and why don't I just do it? Well, I'd love to be rescued from my health problems, but I'm pretty much stuck with them. And there are days I want to be rescued from motherhood .. but we always have days when our life just isn't what we want. Most of the time I love my life, and so I wouldn't want to leave it to be "rescued" for something better.

If I could change anything for a rescue .. I'd give myself some kind of mother support group. As to why I don't .. I adore my baby, and I adore motherhood, but I think a group talking about nothing but babies would quickly drive me crazy. I mean .. they're not THAT interesting. One's own baby is of cosmic interest, of course. Other people's babies .. not so much.
I do need to do more about that, though, and try to figure out some way to get myself more support without ending up wanting to go insane and beat people that I disagree with. (I don't do well with people doing something I see as "dumb" .. and let's face it, a lot of parenting stuff ends up pretty dumb to someone! I'd hate to think of what people think of me as a mom sometimes .....)

What value does the dream hold? I think it's an important dream. When we look at that and think it's something we want to be, then work towards it (as opposed to just giving up because we don't have superpowers) we can do a lot of good in the world. Things only get done because people choose to do them .. and the more that people choose to make the world a better place, the better it will become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link