Sister of Flame

A place where HeartShadow will discuss the how FlameKeeping affects her personally. The essays will be discussed and other topics raised that relate to religion and her personal life.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hope for today.

I feel very strongly that what we believe affects everything in our lives. When we truly expect nothing but horrible things, horrible things is what we get.

I'm not saying we should live a Pollyanna like existance. If I go running around in the bad parts of town by myself at night, I should expect bad things to happen to me. I don't deserve them, but that doesn't mean that my belief in the goodness of humanity is going to protect me. Rationality is a good thing.

But if I go around expecting people to not like me, they're not going to. If I expect bad things to happen to me, I'm only going to see the bad things .. I'm not going to believe in the good ones when they happen. Mindset affects everything.

Questions:
What is despair and why is it harmful? Despair is when we refuse to admit that the Divine is improvable. It says that things are bad and will not ever get better, or at least not better enough. And when you believe this, working to improve things becomes impossible. Seeing what good already exists in the Universe becomes impossible. The Divine looks through our eyes and sees only pain, and this feeds back into the Universe.

What is hope and what do I hope for? I hope that humanity can be better than it is .. and I hope that I can work to that end. I hope to improve the Divine. I also hope for the personal things .. love in my life, my baby to grow up happy and healthy, another baby, to get my novel published .... many things.

How do I balance clear seeing with optimism? Well, I try to see every likely outcome to a situation. I know, when I send in a novel, that the odds are much better that I'm going to get a rejection letter than I'm going to get a yes. On the other hand, if I never send it out, I'm simply assuring that it will never get published. So it's hard, but I send it out and hope for a good answer even while I know the odds are incredibly stacked against me. And I do this in other aspects of my life as well, but this one's the most obvious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link