Sister of Flame

A place where HeartShadow will discuss the how FlameKeeping affects her personally. The essays will be discussed and other topics raised that relate to religion and her personal life.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A dance with flame

Poetry is important, although I'm not very good at it. Some ideas are better said from a poetic angle than they are directly. Which makes this very hard to talk about.

I can discuss the inspiration. I had a two-day .. hrm. I suppose the best word is "visit" from Papa Legba, a Voudoun spirit. Needless to say, this startled me immensely. The more I looked into him and researched him, the more I felt that I'd been focusing too much on the logical end of FlameKeeping.

Religion is inherently illogical. There comes a point when one must simply let go and dance with the Flame.

Sometimes one must just let go. And it's not an easy thing to do. It's not a logical thing to do. But when it comes to faith, that's not something that can be held onto with strong fists or examined by a logical mind. Faith defies logic, defies strength, defies everything that we try to use to examine our lives.

Sometimes, there isn't a clear answer. Sometimes there isn't a logical path. Sometimes one must simply let go and dance.

And when you do, you become whole again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Link